Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse
25525 Highway 243
Idyllwild, California 92549
33.742047 (N33 degrees, 44.52281'),
-116.719010 (W116 degrees, 43.1406')
We are conveniently located within a short drive (2 hours or less) of most locations in Southern California. At an elevation of 5,300 feet in the San Jacinto mountains and surrounded by the San Bernardino National Forest, we are about 50 miles west of the Palm Springs Airport (PSP), 69 miles southeast of the Ontario Airport (ONT), and 120 miles east of the Los Angeles Airport (LAX).
We are about 1/2 mile North of the center of Idyllwild. Our B&B facility, Strawberry Creek Inn, is a 0.9-mile drive away, or a 45-minute to 1-hour hike through Idyllwild County Park.
- Take Interstate 10 or State Highway 60 East towards Palm Springs/Indio.
- Hwy 60 and Interstate 10 merge at Beaumont to become Interstate 10. Continue on I-10 to Banning.
- Take the 8th Street exit at Banning. This exit is also marked "Highway 243, Idyllwild".
- Turn right off the exit ramp and go one block to Lincoln Ave.
- Turn left and go one more block to San Gorgonio Ave. (Hwy 243).
- Turn right. This will put you on the mountain road (Hwy 243) to Idyllwild. These turns are all well marked with signs for Idyllwild.
- Follow Hwy 243 for approximately 25 miles, passing through the community of Pine Cove.
Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse is easily identified and will be on the right side of the road 1/2 mile before reaching the Village of Idyllwild.